Thursday, December 21, 2006

Reverse Swing!!!


I am a die hard sports buff. I scream whenever red devils score, I miss my Sunday evening get-together with friends to watch Ferrari burn the race tracks and my support for the Italian football team is as rock solid as there defense. but my heart still beats for men in blue.

Like everyone else in this country my happiness and sadness is associated with there performance. So my joy knew no bounds when India did the unthinkable, defeat South Africa in their own backyard. This was mother of all comebacks in sports history if ever there was one. If dada proved he still has grit and determination then laxman showed once again why he was very very special. But it was a team effort right from the start, and if learning break dance can improve your swing bowling then I suggest everyone should learn it.

Like everyone in this country I have my opinions too. And since world cup is just round the corner I thought of coming up with my own dream team.
I hope and expect lot of opinions, comments on and off the records but that’s due to the passion involved in the game.

And a sport without passion is a dead sport. Howwzatt!!

Team Cricket

The opening pair: Saurav ganguly and sachin tendulkar.

Do these guys need any introduction? Both of them have 10,000 runs and more than 60 centuries between them. All time great opening pair will take the opening guard for my team too.

Number 3: Adam gilchrist(WK)

One of the greats to hav ever played the game. He can win matches on his own.

Number 4: Sir ViVian Richards.

Named in wisden team of the century will come at number 4. I don’t expect him to play anchor role. He will play as he always does aggressive.

Number 5: Michael Bevan.

If you are thinking what he is doing here just ask the Australian statistician how many close games he has won for them. He comes at number 5

Number 6: Jhonty Rhodes.

The rubber man who made fielding looks so interesting. He may not make much runs for my team but runs he will save and the catches he will catch will more than make up for the runs.

Number 7: Imran khan (captain)

The originator of reverse swing and winning captain of1992 World cup team captains my team too. He is aggressive and backs his players.

Number 8: Kapil Dev

one the greatest all-rounder to have played the game. A genuine out swing bowler who could bowl in any condition.

Number 9: Wasim Akram

The greatest left arm fast bowler ever, he mesmerized batsman with his speed and swing. He is handy with bat too.

Number 10: Shane Warne

The guy who gave rebirth to wrist spin, bowl the ball of the century is the only slow arm bowler in my team.

Number 11: Glenn Mcgrath

The pigeon as he is fondly called is a mean bowler. He is just so difficult to play. He is as good as they come as a player.

The rest of the team:

Brian Lara (12th man), Inzaman-ul-haq, Murlitharan , Waqar younis.

Coach: Bob Woolmer.

So guys that’s my dream team, it bats till number 10, has 4 all rounders and everyone is good fielder. I think it will be a difficult team to beat.

2 comments:

prerna said...

hmmmm......nice article........but write sumthng abt me also.

Sandeep Sundaram said...

mah team is totalyy diff from urs dude..
jonty will b my 12 th man
lara will b playin instead of him there is no place for kapil as well as imran u can only play one player tht shld b kapil i guess and will play murali
no b1 2 in my side instead inzi will play in tht 11
am not evn sure abt sorav in opening place i wld love 2 play jayasurya..