Thursday, October 16, 2008

Let there be Light!!!

Diwali for me has always been a special festival. I just love everything about it. Normally every year i sit down with my phone book and start calling up people. But this year i have decided to send greeting cards to some of the people i am close to. And i am amazed by there positive response. They are so happy to receive a card after such a long time.

Monica AKA "Granny" to me is a very special friend. She is perhaps the most smart,talented and creative person i have ever met.(Last heard she had quit her advertising job and is writing a book). And after reading her email i just cannot stop smiling. So i thought to share with you guys what she wrote. (Hope Monica wont kill me!!!)

Dear Karan,

When I was a kid, and as I continue being a kid, I still love looking
forward to Diwali. Diwali meant illuminating the house with lots and
lots of diyas and candles… somehow they've always been the much better
option than tubelights and lightbulbs; decorating the front porch of
the house with my very amateurish Rangoli; dressing up in bizarre and
bright colours; and enjoying delicious meals with the family.

While I've always looked forward to receiving those boxes of dry
fruits every Diwali, this time, I'll have something better to look
forward to… your greeting card.

Karan, do you realise what you'll be doing? And why I liked this idea
of yours so much? You'll be restoring, in your very special way, the
importance of the common Postman. He shall, like the good old days,
become an important entity in this whole festival system… A messenger
of good wishes and good cheer. House to house, building to building,
and locality to locality, you shall be allowing him to tread spaces
that the Internet has denied him in recent times.


Though i did not have all this things in mind when i set out to do this, it just made my day.
Thanks Monica. We still have to meet.

No comments: